Open to all sailors aged 23 years and under, this event introduces young sailors to keelboat racing, with the winning team being awarded the title of the 2019 Youth State Keelboat Champions!
Teams entering receive a complimentary practice session the day before the event at Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club. A Club-nominated coach/observer is required to be on board each boat throughout the event to guide and assist teams in their development.
Sunday, 17th March 2019 at Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club
08:00 – Briefing at the Main Clubhouse
08:45 – First warning signal
12:15 – Last warning signal, if not prior
12:45 – Approx. time of presentations
Swan River Sailing will be delivering the boats from RFBYC to RPYC from approx. 13:15 – any assistance during this time would be greatly appreciated!
ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY
THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM IS AVAILABLE HERE
- All crew members shall be 23 years of age or under as at 31st December 2019.
- A maximum of 7 crew (including the skipper) shall be on board during racing.
- Each team shall have a nominated coach/observer on board. They shall not participate in the racing except in an emergency. This includes NO ONBOARD COACHING
- All crew shall be members shall hold an Australian Sailing sailor identification number (SIN).
- Eligible teams shall enter by completing the online entry form by Friday 8th March 2019 – entries will only be received accompanied by full payment via credit card.
- The number of entries is restricted to the first nine entries received and accompanied by full payment.
- Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the OA.
DOCUMENTS & LINKS
Chloe Back – East Fremantle Yacht Club
Shane Phillips – The Cruising Yacht Club WA
Ethan Prieto-Low – Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club
Will Drew – Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club
Marcello Torre – Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club
Conor Nicholas – South of Perth Yacht Club
Ethan McAullay – Royal Perth Yacht Club
Chris Charlwood & Alistair Young – Fremantle Sailing Club
Monique DeVries – Fremantle Sailing Club